Humidifiers have been proven to be very beneficial for your wellbeing as it helps in adding moisture to dry air. Having dry air in your home can irritate the skin, eyes, nose, and throat, which is why humidifiers are considered household necessities to reduce these risks. Along with this, humidifiers are a great way of relieving stress and clogging due to colds or allergies. However, you must know where to place a humidifier to enjoy all the benefits that come with having one.
Before we continue to the topic of humidifier placement, you have to understand the differences between the two types of humidifiers first. There are two main types of humidifiers and these are:
- Warm-mist humidifiers
These humidifiers are perfect if you are suffering from colds or allergies, or if you are feeling blocked. It uses boiling water to create a mist that is used to increase humidity in a room. This type of humidifier must be kept at an appropriate distance as the boiling water that it uses can be quite dangerous.
- Cool-mist humidifiers
These types of humidifiers are much safer than warm-mist humidifiers. It is perfect if you are feeling an allergy come or if you have a cold. Cool-mist humidifiers can be placed near your bed; however, they must not be put directly near the wall as this can block the circulation that it uses to function.
When placing humidifiers, you must first identify what type you have so that you will know the best place to put a humidifier. The characteristics of the area you are putting a humidifier in also matters such as the purpose or size of the room.
Where to place a humidifier in a bedroom
The humidifier location in a room can depend on the number of people sharing the space. The more people that share a space, the larger humidifier must be used. The best place for a humidifier in a bedroom is in a corner, three or more feet away from the bed.
How close should a humidifier be to your bed?
Read also: Best air purifiers for smoke
The type of humidifier you have must be considered when deciding on how close a humidifier must be to your bed. Warm-mist humidifiers should be placed on a stable humidifier stand away from the bed while asleep, while cool-mist humidifiers can be kept near the bed while sleeping. Cool-mist humidifiers must also be kept away from the walls as this could block their circulation.
What are the benefits of having a humidifier in a bedroom?
Humidifiers are very beneficial devices as they can help relieve irritation that may be caused by low humidity in a house.
- Humidifiers can treat irritation to the skin, eyes, nose, and throat caused by dry air.
- These devices can help relieve symptoms caused by the flu or common cold.
- It can help reduce the existence of allergies.
Where to place a humidifier in a living room
Having a humidifier for your living room is a great way for everyone in the household to benefit from its effects. It can be placed anywhere in a living room; however, the following must be considered when choosing where to place your humidifier:
- The size of the room must be considered as having a humidifier in a tiny room could cause too much moisture in the atmosphere – which could then lead to the development of mold or mildew.
- Remember to keep your humidifier away from furniture that may not react well to moisture such as wooden furniture or electrical sockets.
- Avoid placing your humidifiers near a radiator or vent, especially if the humidifier has a built-in hygrometer. This is because the heat from the radiator or vent may disturb the moisture reading of the humidifier and may cause the development of more mist than needed.
- Do not place your humidifier on a carpet as this can lead to the growth of mold.
As long as you take note of the following recommendations, we are sure that you will be able to find a suitable place for your humidifier in your living room.
Where to place a humidifier in a baby room
Read also: How to clean a dehumidifier
Humidifiers are as beneficial to children as it is for adults. Having a humidifier in a baby room could be very helpful as it can help minimize the existence of dry and flaky skin, as well as reduces the build-up of mucus. However, you may be wondering where to put a humidifier especially if you have more active children. Here are some recommendations that may help you answer this question:
- Find an area that is opposite the children’s bed. Avoid placing the humidifier on a nightstand as a child may accidentally knock it down during the night.
- Keep the humidifier above the ground by placing it on a stable humidifier stand. This is so that the device remains out of reach from the children.
How close should a humidifier be to your baby?
The humidifier must be kept at least three feet away from the children’s’ beds. It must also be kept above the ground so that the child will not be able to meddle with the device’s settings.
What type of humidifier is most suitable for a baby room?
Choosing a humidifier may be a challenge as there are so many options in the market. However, if you are placing a humidifier in a baby room, then you should consider the following:
- Remember to use only cool-mist humidifiers. Warm-mist humidifiers use boiling water that may cause burns to your children if they accidentally knock it down or get too close to it.
- Find a humidifier that does not make a lot of noise as a humidifier that makes a lot of loud noises could wake up your baby during the night.
Humidifiers can be very beneficial for your wellbeing and we are glad that you are taking this step to take care of yourself and your family’s health. A tip to remember is to place your humidifier wherever it is needed – you can check this by using a hygrometer to find the spaces in your house that need the most moisture. From reading this article, we hope that we were able to answer your questions about where to place a humidifier.
Image credit: healthline.com